How to Prepare a Deconstructed Turkey
- You will need a meat thermometer
- Keep this in mind…Your Turkey Will Cook Fast!
Your turkey has been divided into drumsticks, thighs, wings and breast. Your turkey may or may not be seasoned. The breast may or may not be boneless.
If turkey pieces are unseasoned, we recommend using salt, pepper, paprika and garlic.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
- Place your turkey pieces skin side up on a flat surface—cookie sheet or broiler pan. Spray with PAM or some similar product if you are not cooking on a non-stick surface.
- You may need a separate pan for the breast. If breast is whole and you have an oven rack, feel free to place breast on it.
- Roast your turkey pieces for one hour then check temperature by inserting meat thermometer into individual pieces. Avoid bone when checking temp. Turkey pieces are done when internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Wings will get done the fastest. Thighs and Breasts usually take the same amount of time with drumsticks getting done a bit quicker.
- When pieces are done, remove and place on serving dish.
- A boneless breast will cook faster than one which is bone-in.
- If temperature is under 160 when you first check, place turkey pieces back in oven and re-check temperature periodically. The turkey will cook quickly so as temperature nears 160, you’ll want to check temp every 5-10 minutes.
- When turkey is done, allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Slice breast against grain after it cools. Serve and enjoy.